Your driveway is the first thing you and every visitor to your home sees. It is the place you leave your car after a long day at work. And, the place your family scatter across to get inside during a sudden downpour. When it comes to creating the perfect driveway, there are numerous factors to consider. And, in this blog, we’ll be discussing the benefits of block paving. Is it the right choice for your driveway?
What is block paving?
Also known as brick paving, block paving is a decorative method of creating a pavement or driveway. This technique can be used to create a variety of different patterns, depending on the look you’re going for. Concrete paving bricks are used and, sometimes, dyed to make the requirements of the customer. Alternatively, clay bricks can also be created and fired in a kiln to maintain their strength. These are then laid into the desired pattern – commonly a herringbone design. This offers the strongest and most durable surface, making it perfect for driveways.
What are the benefits?
- Available in a variety of colours. This allows you to create a pattern, should you desire. Alternatively, you can choose to have the entire driveway created in any colour of your choosing.
- Available in a variety of shapes. If you have an unusually shaped driveway or are looking for something bespoke, block paving is a brilliant option.
- Strong interlocking pattern. When laid in classic herringbone designs, it offers exceptional strength which is ideal for high-traffic locations.
- Not expensive to repair. The beauty of block paving over tarmac is that single bricks can be replaced without lifting the entire driveway. This is both cost and time-effective.
- Exceptional fade resistance. As block paving is created using bricks, it offers most fade resistance that other alternative surfaces. So, you’ll be able to maintain the look of your drive for longer.
- Offer easy drainage. This reduces the need for additional and costly labour on top of your driveway quote.
Is block paving the right choice for you?
If you’re looking for a hardwearing, stylish and highly durable surface for your driveway, block paving is an exceptional option. And, the team here at Castle Home Improvements can help you bring this plan to reality. We have highly experienced and talented craftsmen who can help you plan, design and create a driveway that works today and for many years to come.
Get in touch today and see what we can do for you.